Leamington Spa, England, United KingdomTechnology
TrustFlight is at the forefront of digitizing the aviation industry with the creation of intelligent workflow applications that automate operating and maintenance processes, enabling our customers to focus on the data and insights that matter. TrustFlight has bases in both England and Canada (Vancouver). Our business is rapidly expanding, and we’re proud to share that we’re entirely self-funded and consistently profitable. This is your opportunity to contribute to a thriving environment and make an impact as we continue to achieve new heights!
Not only are we disrupting the sector, we are creating a great place to work that gives our people the freedom to create, innovate and influence how we do this. We continue to build an amazing group of people who are all here to make our products, services and culture the most envied in the industry!
The ideal candidate for IT technician role will possess excellent communication skills, with an ability to break down and articulate complex problems and solutions to individuals with varying technical proficiencies. This role encompasses a blend of user, desktop, application, and infrastructure support. As we evolve, we look for individuals who are proactive learners, problem solvers and eager to enhance both their technical skills and our company's IT operations.
We are seeking a versatile IT Technician to join our dynamic IT team to take on the responsibility of:
Providing technical support and guidance to end-users via phone, email, chat, tickets, documentation, or in person.
- Diagnosing problems with IT equipment and applications, resolving those problems, and testing solutions.
- Assisting with the planning and delivery of IT projects, such as installing, upgrading, or integrating software or hardware.
- Continuously improving processes and increasing resilience, efficiency and effectiveness.
- Design, implement, and manage both local and wide area networks, including the configuration of routers, switches, firewalls, and other network devices.
- Monitoring network performance and integrity, resolving issues such as network connectivity, traffic congestion, and security breaches.
- Collaborating with the IT security team to architect network security measures, including firewall configurations, VPN setups, and intrusion detection systems.
- Conducting regular network troubleshooting activities and resolve network connectivity issues.
- Providing support to our Canada team (and in emergencies) outside of regular business hours on a rota basis or similar (we are open to finding the best arrangement that works for you)
Embracing a culture rooted in the belief in people, our organization offers an exceptional environment for learning and cultivating your career growth. Notably, this role will collaborate closely with our Operations team. This is a fantastic opportunity to enhance your skills and deepen your understanding of cloud technologies, platform/DevOps, AI, and cybersecurity, making it an ideal setting for both personal and professional advancement.
Our values and behaviours guides us a business
Our ambition is to work together to create the most talented team that celebrates inclusivity, diversity and equality in a serious way. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. All candidates will receive consideration for this role without regard for gender, gender identity, race, national origin, colour, religion, disability or age. Our inclusive culture empowers all of us to inspire, enlighten and thrive.
We are looking for a superb team member to come and join
us. You'll be passionate about your subject, obsessed with delivering
great quality work and enthusiastic to join a team that makes a
difference every day.
What you will bring to the role
We would love to hear from you if you have the required skills and qualifications for this role; we will certainly provide you the opportunity to demonstrate your experience if you want to talk to us more about this job. Ultimately it is your mindset, understanding of our business purpose and aptitude to learn and adapt that will really make you stand out, so don't be put off from applying if you think you have what it takes!
You ideally need the following to qualify:
Good all-round knowledge and passion for technology
Hands-on experience with networking hardware, protocols, and media.
Strong understanding and practical knowledge of networking concepts (e.g., TCP/IP, LAN/WAN, DHCP, DNS, VPNs, routing and switching).
Experience configuring and maintaining routers, switches, firewalls, and other network equipment.
Knowledge of network security practices and anti-virus programs.
Strong communication skills with an aptitude for breaking down and explaining technical concepts.
Previous experience in troubleshooting laptops and MacBooks.
A proactive mindset, with a keen interest in continuous learning and skills development.
Demonstrable experience or a solid understanding of the following:
- Microsoft Azure active directory and 365 Apps
- Windows 10/11
- iOS / Android
This role is primarily based out of our UK offices, with a preference for the Leamington Spa office. However, availability to travel to our various sites on occasion is essential for this role. With our hybrid working policy, we prioritize a harmonious balance between working from home and being present in the office. This empowers an agile and flexible environment that supports your needs.
- We offer a generous holiday allowance that increases the longer you are here. We are keen for birthdays to be celebrated and so we offer an additional day off to everyone.
- It is important to us that we all work in an environment that is supportive of health and wellbeing; healthcare cover for all our people covers your health, dental and ophthalmic requirements to support you physically and mentally.
- Our generous company contribution to your pension is greater than the local requirements and over time you can plan effectively for your future with our matching contribution scheme.
- We place huge importance on the contribution and experience you bring to the team, the salary will be based on the value you will bring to the role with a range spanning from £25k-£35k.
How to apply
Tell us about you in a cover letter, outlining what you will bring to the role and how you can contribute to creating best in class tools and services throughout the aviation industry. Please also include your resume.
We are waiting to hear from you!