Lead Product Designer
Vancouver, British Columbia, CanadaCA$75,000 - CA$105,000 per yearTechnology
TrustFlight is at the forefront of digitising the aviation industry with the creation of intelligent workflow applications that automate operating and maintenance processes, enabling our customers to focus on the data and insights that matter. TrustFlight has bases in both England (London & Leamington Spa) and Canada (Vancouver). Our business is rapidly expanding, and we’re proud to share that we’re entirely self-funded and consistently profitable.
We are looking for a lead product designer to be primarily focussed on Centrik, our safety, quality and risk management SaaS platform. Centrik is one of the global market leaders amongst small to medium operators, and we are looking to develop the service further with higher performance, increased functionality and potentially create a new service to meet the needs of tier one airlines.
Responsibilities and Skills
As the Lead Product Designer you will work closely with product managers, software engineering teams, customers and other stakeholders to help drive Centrik through an exciting modernisation programme and into new markets, whilst also supporting other designers on cross-product initiatives.
- Work across the full spectrum of design from initial concept to delivery, including research, UX and UI, within a cross-functional product team.
- Create and assess design solutions based on user research data and user goals, facilitating design workshops with internal and external stakeholders.
- Synthesize your findings to deliver effective research outputs (e.g. user needs, personas, journey maps, information architecture diagrams, flows, and comprehensive wireframes).
- Conduct heuristic analysis of the product's experience from time to time.
- Own and maintain the company design system to help the team ship high-quality work as quickly as possible.
- Provide leadership and direction to other product designers, ensuring transfer of knowledge and alignment across products and initiatives.
- Act as a user and design advocate within product and software teams.
- Be a thought leader who generates followership through ideas.
- Contribute to building a high performing team culture through passion, trust and collaboration.
You ideally need the following to qualify:
- A degree in Design, Psychology, Human-Computer Interaction, or a related discipline, although your skills and experience matter most here.
- Proven experience working in design, product, and development teams within fast-paced software companies.
- 5+ years of experience in interaction, UX, or product design; or 4+ years and an advanced degree in design.
- 3+ years of experience designing for B2B (enterprise) applications.
- Obsessed with making a meaningful impact on customers, with a demonstrable track record of high quality work.
- Experience working with a wide range of design, research and prototyping tools (ideally including Figma).
- Experience of rolling out a new design system across an organisation (e.g. working with software engineers, writing documentation, conducting training, creating a governance model for future updates etc.) would be a bonus.
- A strong working knowledge of Web Content Accessibility Guidelines.
- Strong leadership skills, inspiring and guiding more junior designers to achieve outstanding results.
- Excellent critical thinking, communication, and collaboration skills, with fluency in both oral and written English.
- Experience writing user-friendly microcopy for key messages in products.
- Demonstrable experience of transforming complex data into meaningful information for users, with a bias towards simplicity.
- The ability to read people, build empathy and understand human behaviour.
- A track record of running user interviews, workshops, and testing sessions.
This role will be based out of our Vancouver office. With our hybrid working policy, we encourage a harmonious balance between working from home and collaborating in the office, typically three days per week. This empowers an agile and flexible environment that supports your needs. However, it’s important to note that for you to fully harness the benefits of collaborating closely with our exceptional team across multiple timezones, this role demands a heightened level of flexibility.
- We offer a generous holiday allowance that increases the longer you are here. We are keen for birthdays to be celebrated and so we offer an additional day off to everyone.
- It is important to us that we all work in an environment that is supportive of health and wellbeing; healthcare cover for all our people covers your health, dental and ophthalmic requirements to support you physically and mentally.
- Our generous company contribution to your pension is greater than the local requirements and over time you can plan effectively for your future with our matching contribution scheme.
- We place huge importance on the contribution and experience you bring to the team, the salary will be based on the value you will bring to the role with a range spanning from $75-105k CAD.
How to apply
Tell us about you in a cover letter, outlining what you will bring to the role and how you can contribute to creating best in class tools and services throughout the aviation industry. Please also include your resume and a link to your design portfolio (make sure you let us know the password if it's protected!).
TrustFlight is an equal opportunity employer. We work together to create the most talented team that celebrates inclusivity, diversity and equality in a serious way. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. All candidates will receive consideration for this role without regard for gender, gender identity, race, national origin, colour, religion, disability or age. Our inclusive culture empowers all of us to inspire, enlighten and thrive.