Senior Software Engineer (.NET, React)
London, England, United Kingdom£60 - £85,000 per yearTechnology
TrustFlight is at the forefront of digitising the aviation industry with the creation of intelligent workflow applications that automate operating and maintenance processes, enabling our customers to focus on the data and insights that matter. TrustFlight has bases in both England (London & Leamington Spa) and Canada (Vancouver). Our business is rapidly expanding, and we’re proud to share that we’re entirely self-funded and consistently profitable. This is your opportunity to contribute to a thriving environment and make an impact as we continue to achieve new heights!
Not only are we disrupting the sector, we are creating a great place to work that gives our people the freedom to create, innovate and influence how we do this. We continue to build an amazing group of people who are all here to make our products, services and culture the most envied in the industry!
Alongside the re-architecture work, you will also support our existing team with day to day maintenance work on our existing platform.
Your role will inspire fresh ideas that encourage us to continuously learn and improve, allowing us to elevate our platform and bring out its full potential, making the aviation industry a more efficient and safer place to be. TrustFlight values leadership and performance as paramount within our team culture. In every role, we seek individuals who embody strength in leadership, are driven by objectives, and champions in exceeding expectations, inspiring those around them.
- Support the redevelopment of our SaaS platform with a laser-focus on performance, helping drive modernisation and integration of AI-driven features.
- Support our existing team with day to day maintenance work on our existing platform.
- Leverage test automation and collaboration with QA Engineers to ensure all deliverables are robustly tested prior to release and quality KPIs are met.
- Work with Technical Leads to help define and optimise technical processes to ensure efficiency and uphold quality standards.
- Bring forth innovative ideas, even in situations where solutions seem limited, infusing a fresh perspective into our development approach.
- Serve as the go-to expert for technical queries relating to your area(s) of ownership.
- Contribute insightful perspectives that consider both technical and strategic aspects.
- Maintain CI/CD pipelines, making effective use of automation to facilitate reliable, repeatable and well-tested builds.
- Collaborate with Product Designers to ensure our design system is accurately applied.
- Work closely with Software Engineers from other teams across the organisation to facilitate close integration of products and alignment to the overall technology strategy.
- Mentor more junior software engineers via pairing and design/code reviews, helping to build a high-performing technical team.
Our values and behaviours guides us as a business
Our ambition is to work together to create the most talented team that celebrates inclusivity, diversity and equality in a serious way. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. All candidates will receive consideration for this role without regard for gender, gender identity, race, national origin, colour, religion, disability or age. Our inclusive culture empowers all of us to inspire, enlighten and thrive.
We are looking for a superb team member to come and join us. You'll be passionate about your subject, obsessed with delivering great quality work and enthusiastic to join a team that makes a difference every day.
What you will bring to the role
We would love to hear from you if you have the required skills and qualifications for this role; we will certainly provide you the opportunity to demonstrate your experience if you want to talk to us more about this job. Ultimately it is your mindset, understanding of our business purpose and aptitude to learn and adapt that will really make you stand out, so don't be put off from applying if you think you have what it takes!
You ideally need the following to qualify:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or a related field
- Expertise in performance profiling, with a deep awareness of performance pitfalls, and the ability to craft highly performant solutions
- Solid troubleshooting skills, persistent in the face of roadblocks and calm in high pressure situations, capable of working around issues to find a way forward
- Proven track record of successfully contributing to high quality and performant technical projects in a SaaS development environment
- Experience designing and delivering cloud solutions on Azure
- A quality mindset, recognising that quality is everybody's responsibility, and driven by a desire to deliver the best possible experience to customers
- Natural leadership skills, inspiring and mentoring those you work with to collectively achieve outstanding results
- Ability to communicate effectively with non-technical stakeholders
- Architectural acumen
- Industry awareness, keeping on top of industry trends and best practices, able to provide thought leadership
- Strong understanding of the capabilities, scope, and limitations of the current state of AI
- Experience in problem-solving prompt engineering
This role will be based out of either a new co-working office in London or our office in Leamington Spa. With our hybrid working policy, we prioritise a harmonious balance between working from home and being present in the office. This empowers an agile and flexible environment that supports your needs. However, it’s important to note that for you to fully harness the benefits of collaborating closely with our exceptional team across multiple timezones, this role demands a heightened level of flexibility.
- We offer a generous holiday allowance that increases the longer you are here. We are keen for birthdays to be celebrated and so we offer an additional day off to everyone.
- It is important to us that we all work in an environment that is supportive of health and wellbeing; healthcare cover for all our people covers your health, dental and ophthalmic requirements to support you physically and mentally.
- Our generous company contribution to your pension is greater than the local requirements and over time you can plan effectively for your future with our matching contribution scheme.
- We place huge importance on the contribution and experience you bring to the team, the salary will be based on the value you will bring to the role with a range spanning from £60-£85k.
How to apply
Tell us about you in a cover letter, outlining what you will bring to the role and how you can contribute to creating best in class tools and services throughout the aviation industry. Please also include your CV.